Affinity is a consortium which comprises of Radian and Southern Housing Groups.
On 30th April 2004, Affinity was awarded a contract by Reading Borough Council under the Government’s Private Finance Initiative to manage, maintain and refurbish the Council owned stock of around 1371 properties on the North Whitley estate. The contract went live on 10th May 2004 and will end on 9th May 2034.
Since taking over the contract, Affinity has enjoyed much success to date and some of the achievements include:
- Top quartile performance on a range of key performance indictors such as repairs, turnaround times on
empty homes, responses to written enquiries and rent arrears;
- Completion of the refurbishment programme 9 months ahead of schedule;
- First social housing project in the country to produce a Tenant Compact;
- Excellent partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders in the area; and
- Selected as one of the finalists for the Best Operational Local Government
- Projects – at the Public Private Finance Awards in 2007.
Affinity prides itself on being able to add value. We will continue to work closely with
the residents, Reading Borough Council and other agencies to bring about further
physical and life improvements for North Whitley Residents.